Contact email@example.com to list your job opening or career opportunity.
SALES MANAGER- FATS & OILS
Reports to VP of Sales
Responsible for the development and performance of all sales activities in assigned market. Establishes plans and strategies to expand the customer base in the assigned area and contributes to the development of training and educational programs for clients. Involvement with fats and oils are necessary. Up to 35% Travel may be required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops a business plan and sales strategy for the market which insures achievement of company sales goals and profitability
- Creates and conducts proposals and presentations and fulfills requests for quotations from customers.
- Provides monthly feedback to senior management regarding performance
- Provides timely, accurate, competitive pricing to all requests for quotations while striving to meet budget goals
- Maintains accurate records of all pricings, sales, and activity reports
- Controls expenses to meet budget goals
- Others as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The manager may be required to work nights and weekends in addition to the standard 40 hour week. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; and five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of customer base with fats and oils industry experience preferred.
To apply, please use the following link Recruitment (adp.com) and select the Sales Manager position.
Manager, Sales & Customer Solutions
Director, Sales and Procurement
AgCertain is a food, agricultural and bio-based product development, manufacturing and marketing company. We operate within a highly certified, traceable production and distribution system that delivers of specialty, quality-assured products and services. The AgCertain team connects and collaborates with customers to ensure a sophisticated supply chain management environment. The AgCertain Team understands the critical linkage of knowledge transfer and its impact on the process from concept to safe and efficient operations delivering a high-quality finished product. AgCertain has the technology, products and manufacturing capabilities as well as marketing and distribution channels to build and grow an international company.
A Manager, Sales & Customer Solutions is initially responsible for food, personal care and industrial sectors. This includes developing sales and driving growth through multiple market channels, collaborating with team members and supporting desired culture in an earlier stage and quickly developing company. AgCertain has a growing portfolio, and the Team will adapt, learn and adjust as required. This role is based in Ames, Iowa with travel expected a minimum of 25%, including some weekend travel.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Drive sales growth for glycerin and co-products through multiple market channels including food manufacturers, personal care, specialty chemical distribution and others
- Create a pipeline of sales to support stated growth plan
- Develop and manage a diverse portfolio of customers which optimizes current manufacturing capabilities
- Serve as a main point-of-contact for customers and developing accounts including procurement, sales, contract administration, scheduling and after-hours responsibilities and requests
- Assess market trends to develop a go-to-market strategy for each channel that diversifies AgCertain’s product portfolio, assuring industry-wide sales and securing optimal operational performance
- Manage assigned contract manufacturing relationships and manage market risk positions associated with these relationships
- Negotiate and execute long-term customer contracts with sophisticated national and international customers
- Prepare sales forecast and gross margin budgets; report regularly to the Director of Procurement on performance relative to budget
- Serve on, and as required lead, cross-departmental teams and initiatives
- Actively participate in New Product Development team meetings and in weekly production scheduling meetings
- Provide direction and prioritization in the development of new markets and products through market analysis including potential profitability
- Develop professional and technical knowledge by attending appropriate professional conferences and tradeshows; expand business networks through participation in professional organizations (as directed by AgCertain)
- Promote AgCertain and its related products
- Desire to expand into other product lines as the company grows
- Safely operate in all AgCertain facilities and areas, and as a leader teach, coach and enforce relevant SOPs and requirements
- Understand and incorporate into all activities proper Food Safety and certification standards and requirements
- Perform additional responsibilities and duties as assigned
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- MBA preferred
- Minimum of four years manufacturing industry experience and two years sales experience
- Proven track record of positive sales performance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentations
- Ability to implement a sales plan and meet goals by monitoring progress according to plan
- Willingness to learn and understand AgCertain (technologies, processes, capabilities and departments)
- Sales data analysis
- Management and leadership skills including mentorship and coaching of junior and other team members
- Budget development
- High attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and similar technology
To apply, please email resume and related information to Careers@AgCertain.com
Thank you to NIOP Member, Benson Hill for using its membership and using this page to post a job. That job posting has been removed as the job has been filled.
Thank you to Paul Nelson, NIOP Member from Whole Foods Markets for using your membership and using this page to post a job. That job postings has been removed as the jobs have been filled.
Thank you to Chad Dollander, NIOP Member from Colonial Terminals, Inc. for using your membership and using this page to post a job. That job posting has been removed as the job opportunity is no longer available.
Thank you to Grant Saar, NIOP Member from West Coast Reduction for using your membership and using this page to post a job. That job posting has been removed as interviewing for candidates has begun.
Thank you to Dee Cripe, NIOP Member from Conagra for using her membership and using this page to post a job. That job posting has been removed as interviewing for candidates has begun.